Thursday, January 19, 2012

Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G guide

Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G is the new variant of the most popular I9100 model. The main difference in the two models is in the make of Chipset and GPU.

I9100G:
CPU - TI OMAP 4430 (1.2Ghz)
GPU - PowerVR SGX540

I9100:

CPU- Exynos (1.2Ghz)
GPU - Mali-400MP

Despite the 1.2Ghz processor speed, the CPU speed is capped at 1008Mhz by stock roms in I9100G. This CPU capping does not affect overall performance in anyway. I9100G can play any game including EA Deadspace, Asphalt 6, ShadowGun HD,  Race of Champions, Brother in Arms like a charm. 

Issues in I9100G:

"Camera Failed" error pops out if you snap some shots say 5 or more continuously. The only way to make camera work again is by rebooting the mobile.

Frequent Hangs - The mobile becomes unresponsive at sometimes without any particular reason and must be restarted to get out of that.

Fixes:

If you have camera hang issue, you can flash other region firmware using Odin. It is reported that many users got rid of the camera hang issue when they changed their firmwares to other region firmwares. Personally I use DZKL3 firmware on my I9100G, which has no camera hang issues. You can get the original firmwares on sammobile website, type I9100G in search box of firmwares section and hit enter, then list of firmwares will be displayed.





3 comments:

  1. I am getting camera stuck issue on my i9100G
    should i update the firmware directly to I9100GJPKK1 which is the latest from sammobile and update it via odin.
    Details of my mobile are:

    GT-I9100G
    2.3.4
    I9100GDZKH5
    Kernel:
    2.6.35.7
    root@DELL81 #2
    Build Number:
    GINGERBREAD.JPKH8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Got the camera stuck issue then camera failed message. Already root and using custom SUper ROM 2.0 but still having prob. SHould i use stock ROM back but diff version OR use stock ROM but difference region . Im from Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a German I9100G and while the camera problem did happen - I merely restarted the application, cleaned my RAM using the built-in task manager and it worked flawlessly again - took about 115 pictures that night with no problem.

    ReplyDelete